It also describes your right to privacy and how the law protects you.
2. Our website and Yinsight:
Our websites yinsight.org and ombreetlumiere.net sell services to individuals and businesses. These websites are not intended for children and we do not intentionally collect data from children.
Yinsight is a legal entity and a brand Ombre & Lumière: Yinsight is a company whose registered office is located at 111 La Gobinière 44330 Vallet, France.
3. The personal data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual that can be used to identify that individual. This does not include information where identity is concealed (anonymous data).
We collect a variety of information about our wonderful customers (you!) and visitors to the Yinsight website. This personal data is divided into different categories:
Identity Data includes your title, first name, last name, date of birth. If you interact with us via social networks, this may include your username.
Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, e-mail address and telephone numbers.
Yinsight only collects what is useful as data for our business interactions and under no circumstances is this data sold or passed on to third parties.
You can change your consent by clicking on the button below.
4. How is your personal data collected?
Yinisght only collects the data necessary for the services it provides. We may collect data about you in the following ways:
- Indirect interactions: you can provide us with your Identity Data and Contact Data by filling in our contact forms or by contacting us by post, telephone, e-mail, chat or social network.
- Direct interactions: telephone exchanges, business cards, videoconferencing, e-mail, chat or social networks.
This includes personal data you provide when you :
- ask questions or request information;
- order our products or services;
- contact us on social networks;
- leave comments or ratings on our services (please be kind!).
5. Use of your personal data
We will only use your personal data in accordance with the law. Generally, your personal data will be used in the following cases:
- To fulfill the contract we have or will sign with you. For example, when you purchase our services, this constitutes a contract.
- When we need to meet any legal or regulatory obligations. For example, to maintain our sales records in accordance with tax compliance.
6. Disclosure of your personal data
Your personal data may be shared with the following categories of third parties:
- auditors and professional advisors such as bankers, lawyers, accountants and insurers; and
- government, regulators and police.
Your billing data (identity and contact) are transmitted to the company RCA (RCS 418 348 231 RCS NANTES – https://mon-expert-en-gestion.fr/utilisateurs/mentions-legales/) through the management software Mon Expert en Gestion.
7. Data security
We have implemented appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, modified, disclosed or accessed without authorization. In addition, access to your personal data is restricted to employees and other third parties on a need-to-know basis. They will process your personal data in accordance with our instructions and are subject to the obligation of confidentiality.
8. Links to third-party sites
9. Data retention
Your personal data will only be retained for as long as is necessary to carry out the purposes for which it was collected. This includes legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
In order to determine the appropriate retention period for your personal data, we take into account the amount, nature and sensitivity of such data, the potential risk of harm caused by unauthorized use or disclosure, the purpose of processing and the possibility of achieving that purpose by other means, and applicable legal requirements.
By law, for tax purposes, we must retain basic information about our customers (including Contact Data, Identity Data, Financial Data and Transaction Data) for six years from the time they cease to be our customers.
In some cases, you may ask us to delete your data. See Your legal rights below for more information.
10. Your legal rights
If the General Data Protection Regulation is applicable to you because you are in the European Union, you have the following rights regarding your personal data, in accordance with data protection legislation:
- The right of access: this is the right to request access to your data in order to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- The right of rectification: the right to ask us to rectify incomplete or inaccurate personal data concerning you;
- The right to erasure, also known as the “right to be forgotten”: in certain cases, you can ask us to delete the personal data we hold about you (unless there is a compelling legal reason for us to retain it);
- The right to restrict processing: in certain cases, you have the right to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability: you have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data in a common format (e.g. a .csv file);
- The right to object: you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data (for example, by prohibiting us from processing your data for direct marketing purposes).
Contact us if you wish to exercise any of the rights described above (see How to contact Yinsight about privacy).
You will not be charged for access to your personal data (or for exercising any other right). However, we may charge you a reasonable fee if your request is manifestly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. In this case, we may also refuse to respond to your request.
We may ask you for specific information in order to confirm your identity and to ensure your right of access to your personal data (or to exercise any other right). This is a security measure to ensure that your personal data is not given to anyone who is not authorized to receive it. We may also contact you to obtain more information about your request, in order to provide you with a faster response.
We aim to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. This one-month deadline may be exceeded if your request is particularly complex or if you have made several requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you informed.
If you wish to exercise your legal rights, please contact the confidential information manager in accordance with the instructions in the paragraph below.
11. How to contact Yinsight about privacy